Logan fulfilled our thirst for a new chapter, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and The Lego Batman Movie had us in hysterics, while Wonder Woman left us utterly amazed.
2017 is shaping up to be one of the best for comic movies, with all of this year’s releases receiving glowing reviews from practically all viewers.
Now it’s Spider-Man: Homecoming’s turn to go under the cinema geek microscope, and no pressure to everyone behind the movie but in the words of RuPaul, they had better not ‘f#ck it up’.
Thankfully it seems as though they’ve done the complete opposite because a fair few early reviews are out and they’re filled with nothing but praise for Tom Holland aka Spider-Man aka Peter Parker and the film.
We scanned through a few of the non-spoiler comments from these professional viewers and here are five things they had to say that have us all hyped for the film:
1. You know it’s a good movie when it takes you away
“You’re up there with him, doing just what you’re supposed to be doing at a movie like this one. You forget yourself. You escape.”
- Owen Gleiberman, Variety.com
2. And when the lead actor was made for the role
“Spider-Man is finally being portrayed by an actor who looks and acts like he is in fact 15 years old.”
- Daniel Wolf, DailySuperHero.com
3. It’s great to hear that the movie doesn’t recycle characteristics from the old Parkers
“This is a new him, and quite possibly the best incarnation of the character yet.”
- Jack Dignan, Directorscutmovies.com
4. That the villain is worth watching
“The Vulture, played with a great mix of darkness and realness by Michael Keaton.”
- Germain Lussier, Gizmodo.com.au
5. And that there’s a lot to look forward to
“There are several delightful surprises, and one huge one.”
- Neil Pond, Parade.com
There’s not a negative review out there but the real question is… will he be able to climb past Wonder Woman’s success?
Spider-Man: Homecoming is out in Australia on 6 July 2017. Check out the first four minutes of the movie below: