It’s not just because he has all the right ‘assets’.
Long lost Krypton cousins Kara Zor-El and Kal-El will be reunited later this year when Superman finally makes a proper appearance in Supergirl.
Fans of the TV series have patiently twiddled their thumbs waiting for more than just messages between the pair and quick glimpses of the Man of Steel and they’re finally getting it.
Teen Wolf’s Tyler Hoechlin has been cast to play the iconic role of Superman with his first appearance in the series scheduled for episodes one and two of the second season.
The first episode will air in the US in October, and we can’t wait to see the rugged and fit actor sporting the tight blue suit (*drools*) and red boots.
As much as we LOVE Henry Cavill in the movies (and we really do), we’re going fan girl crazy (no seriously, almost squealed at the announcement) over the casting of Superman in Supergirl and here’s why:
1. We’ve waiting long enough to see the Krypton reunion
2. And although we want more solo female superhero shows, we really do think the cousins need a fair bit of joint screen time
3. As much as we love Henry Cavill, we’re glad they’re not using him for the show
4. Because that would be insulting to Grant Gustin who plays the The Flash in the TV series but not in the Justice League movies
5. And also Cavill’s busy filming schedule would likely limit his appearances in the series
6. Hoechlin is already tight with existing Arrowverse members, including Colton Haynes (thanks to Teen Wolf) who he tweeted the other day
7. And he really does look like Superman
8. Albeit, a slightly Mediterranean version
9. Who doesn’t need heat vision because his eyes are already incredibly piercing (although he may need blue contacts)
10. Hoechlin has enough muscles to be able to tear through his own clothing
11. So he’s set for the Superman costume change
12. And of course there’s this…
13. And this…
14. Aaaaaaaaand this…
So thirsty right now.